August 14, 2007

Personal Statement Draft One Finished!

Just finished up the first draft of my personal statement! That definitely took longer than I thought it would but it feels really nice to have something (finally!) down on paper. I will be sending it to a few different people to read. Before I make any changes, I want to hear what kind of person they think wrote it. I really want to hear about what general impression they get about me. I read somewhere that you should give your personal statement to some people who don't know you all that well so that they can pass this kind of judgement on what you've written. Good advice, I think! After I get that back I am going to take it to our pre-law advisor and writing center for editing purposes.

Just wanted to share the exciting news! Well, exciting for me, anyway ;)

Catch ya later,
A

1 comment:

Ann K. Levine, Esq. said...

Hi - I have some posts on my blog about who should give advice about law school personal statements and who should not. You might find them helpful. If I can be of service to you in any way, please let me know. Feel free to link to me as well at http://lawschoolexpert.blogspot.com